Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10/5/10 Mixtape


So I've decided to half the lengths of the playlists I'm making every week, but its not just because I'm lazy I swear! The reason I started making the playlists/mixtapes (I use the terms interchangeably if you haven't noticed) an hour and 20 minutes long is because thats how much can fit on a standard CD, and these mixtapes started out offline, with me just giving copies on CDs to my friends. When I was giving them out to friends I'd usually give them maybe 3 or 4 in a year, not 1 every week! Not to mention, most of the mixtapes that other people have made that I listen to(in order) are about 20 to 30 minutes long, so I'm might half the length once again. As is, I'm going to try to make all the new ones just under 40 minutes so I can fit two playlists on one CD in case I feel the need to start burning them again.
Tl;Dr? Mixtapes are going to be around 40 minutes from now on instead of 80 minutes. As always, mp3s below or grab the zip of the whole thing here. (Update: I forgot to put the .zip in order this week so check below for the order if you care)
The mix I made this week is probably tied with the mix I made for Jaime a couple weeks ago for my favorite. It came about last night when the song that ended up opening this playlist came up on shuffle and a certain line (Mountain of Flesh: "I'm thankful for these moments, even if they're meaningless") made me think of a certain girl. (not the girl in the picture above, shes just from the lovely google images, that would be waaay creepy). With that in mind all the songs on this mix are just songs that remind of purty girls I've known at one point or another(and trust me there are a ton at FSU). So yeah... I may or may not be that loser who gives mixtapes to girls he likes and these songs may or may not end up on a CD like that at some point in the future.

Mountain of Flesh - Gobble Gobble
Wet Hair - Japandroids (Teen Daze remix)
In Ruins - Fol Chen - (Baths remix)
VCR - The XX
No One's Gonna Love You - Cee lo Green (Band of Horses Cover)
Starring - Freelance Whales
Buildings - Unouomedude
Mary - Yellow Ostrich
Cubism Dreams - Local Natives
Sun's Going Down - Shimmering Stars
Dakota - Bradley Hathaway

9 comments:

  1. So I live in Salley hall. Get back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.last.fm/user/davidemikesell

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha did you go to the link because its the name of my iTunes account??

    ReplyDelete
  4. also, are those 2 posts by the same person?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I found the blog because of your iTunes, and those two posts were both by me. Which floor do you live on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just tried to find you on facebook, but there were several David Mikesell's (assuming that the name on your lastfm is your real name haha)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes, things don't work out as planned.

    ReplyDelete