This playlist has been mutating since the beginning of 2011 and to be honest I'm kind of fuzzy on what songs were initially there. I can tell you that some of these songs are by my friends and that three of them (You Don't Surf, Losing It and Plastic Fangs) were added about fifteen minutes ago. More importantly I can tell you that this mixtape sounds exactly how I've been feeling for the past two weeks. Hopefully listening to it will be as soothing for you as making it has been for me.
- Out Getting Ribs - Zoo Kid
- Lord Knows Best - Dirty Beaches
- Wilderness (daytrotter session) - Active Child
- Absolute ONE - Luke Chrisinger
- You Don't Surf so Shut Up - Waylon Thorton and the Heavy Hands
- Sup Girls in the 60's - Cough Cool
- Do Your Best - John Maus
- Slip Away - Tearjerker
- Cigarettes - Vacation*
- Whatevering - Coma Cinema*
- Mateo - Yohuna*
- It's What Ev - Hips Like Cinderella*
- Losing It - Happy Trendy
- Plastic Fangs - Seamonster
- Winter Will Never Come - Kitteh Fur
If you've haven't had a crappy week recently and 50 minutes of (mostly) slow burners doesn't sound particularly appealing don't fret! Its looking like Weekend Jamz volume two will be ready by Friday, the beginning of Spring Break and hopefully the end of all this anxiety!
*I'm pretty sure these four are out of order in the zip. You should fix that!