Saturday, October 8, 2011

Oh Land - Bloodbuzz Ohio (The National cover)


First things first, I gotta include a shout out to my older brother Ben. He was the first person to introduce me to Oh Land, and I had the honor of introducing him to one of our shared favorite bands, The National. And even though just reading that Oh Land covered the National was enough to give me the warm fuzzies, actually hearing the song multiplied the effect. Attempting to match the majestic domesticity of Mr. Berninger certainly takes confidence and Nanna takes the move in stride, replacing the original's guitar driven energy with a sparse electronic landscape. Surprisingly, the track retains a warm feel, enveloped in angelic backing vocals and the occasional orchestral flourish that only bands like the National even try pulling off.


Bonus: Since I'm already posting an electronic leaning cover of Indie rock titans by an up and coming female indie singer I might as well....

No comments:

Post a Comment