Friday, March 11, 2011

SPRING BREAK OVERLOAD




Despite pretty unfortunate timing (uhh missing SXSW by a week) I've had an incredible Spring Break! I'm sad to see it go, but getting back into regular posting is a neat consolation prize I guess. As awesome as Spring Break was, I missed so much music worth posting. Here's A TON of stuff I missed this week that I promise is all very much worth your time.

  • Des A Boda's released their debut EP from Teen Daze's Cultus Vibes this week. All 4 tracks are killer but do yourself a favor and check out Ponytail at the very least.
  • Fleet Foxes singer Robin Pecknold posted a link to a free EP on twitter that includes a song with Grizzly Bear singer Ed Droste, a cover and third track. The harmonies on the track with Ed Droste are nothing short of angelic, but I've found myself listening to Derwentwater Stones more often.
  • God Boat, one third of the probably defunct Totally Nebular released his entirely DIY LP over at his bandcamp. Its got some serious wood nymph vibes on it. Yeah its pretty far out there, but you won't regret checking out.
  • Pains of Being Pure at Heart's sophomore album is now streaming on the band's website. Its definitely pleasant, but I'm entirely sure how memorable it will turn out being.
  • GOTC's Jheri's cassette label Crash Symbols released its second compilation featuring ATHID favorites Waylon Thorton, Pepepiano, and Foxes in fiction.
  • A few days later another awesome blog put out an awesome compilation! This time the site in question was Magicrpm. Coma Cinema, Kitteh Fur and Ghost Animal all contribute songs to the all cover comp.
  • Snacky Tunes is a compilation of live tracks from some pretty legit indie artists such as Oberhofer, Suckers and Freelance Whales. I'm not going to lie, I know almost nothing about it, I just saw it on Stereogum and decided it was worth downloading. (I was right)
  • Actor/Rapper Donald Glover AKA Childish Gambino released his fourth mixtape on his blog earlier this week. I'm not his biggest fan, but I'm pretty sure Childish Gambino is going to get huge any day now.

Once again, sorry for the music overload, but I hope you'll find a few things you enjoy from this post.



No comments:

Post a Comment