Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New Kanye West - Lost in the World (sampling Bon Iver's Woods)


Yep, its one in the morning and I should be working on a lab report due tomorrow, but ITS KANYE WEST SAMPLING WOODS!!!
When I first heard rumors that Kanye was sampling woods I was pretty excited, but a bit anxious at the same time. Lost in the World isn't at all what I expected , but it does not dissapoint! It reminds me a lot of the stronger moments of 808s and Heartbreaks, and is one of the best (if not the best) song Kanye has released post Swiftgate, which in my opinion at least is saying a lot!

Unfortunately, this versions got some shout outs in it, but I'll be on the look out for a legit version.
Note: The evocative speech at the end is actually a song/poem by Gil Scott-Heron, who many consider the godfather of Hip-Hop, you can listen to that here and it is intense!

No comments:

Post a Comment