Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ayshay - WARN U / WARN U Nguzunguzu Megamix



These days, just having a release on Tri-Angle is cause for buzz. Their newest release, a single from New York (via Kuwait) artist Ayshay somehow hasn't received the buzz of its peers. Maybe I just dropped the ball on this one, but even though these songs have been out since July I'm just now hearing them.

Warn U, comprised entirely of Asyshay's ("whatever" in Arabic) layered vocals, will rip any preconceived notion that songs should convey specific feelings to shreds. The end result is pulsing, foreboding, and somber yet somehow comforting. While I'd say I have a larger background knowledge on Islamic culture than the average america, not knowing whether or not what I'm listening to would offend many of my friends only adds to the song's inherent tension.

Also including on the single is the Nguzunguzu remix, which almost effortlessly turns the single into a post-dubstep banger. Any sense of calm is stripped away, leaving one of the scariest dance songs I've ever heard, and I can't stop listening to it.


Ayshay - WARN-U by TriAngleRecords


The single is currently available exclusively through Bookmat, and will officially be released by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment