Monday, November 29, 2010

Seamonster - Two Birds


I know I said I wouldn't be posting this week because I need to be studying... but come on who believed that? I've had a song called Bearsuit on my iPod for a month or so now (I honestly can't remember where I downloaded it from though, or I'd credit them). Every time I hear I can't help but be reminded of The Pixies' "Where is my Mind". I can't think of a single good reason why I didn't do this earlier, but today I finally decided to look up more from the artist. Seamonster may only have one release on his(their?) bandcamp, but it definitely does not disappointed. Although it is still my favorite, Bearsuit is actually the least approachable of the bunch, with the rest of the songs bringing in more folk influence. In Five songs Two Birds clocks in at exactly 15 minutes, but it makes up for the lack of length with heaps of personality. Even with the swarms of bedroom artists out there today, Seamonster manages to feel notably intimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment